Commercial Permit Info & Forms
**Beginning January 1, 2017, the Building Department requests all permit application documents also be submitted electronically via cd or thumb drive.**
Commercial Permit Process
Many commercial projects often involve land use permitting processes. As many of these can be complex, a pre-application is typically required for commercial development. Please contact a planner at 206-780-5270 to schedule your appointment.
In order to help our customers with the permitting process, the Building Division has created checklists and informational forms and brochures which clearly explain the requirements to apply for a permit.
If you are proposing to do only mechanical or plumbing work, complete the appropriate application below:
If you still have questions please call us at 206-780-3796.
New Commercial Structure
A Building Permit Application is required to allow the construction of a new commercial structure. Look over the New Commercial Structure Checklist in order to assist you in preparing and submitting a completed application.
Tenant improvement projects are interior renovations to an existing commercial structure. They may also require separate permits for Fire Code Compliance. Before the Building Permit Application is sent, take a moment to review the Commercial Tenant Improvement Checklist.
- B204 - Deck
- B205 - Demolition
- B206 - Dock
- B207 - Reroof
- B208 - Generator / heat pump / liquefied petroleum gas(LPG) tank
- B211 - Solar energy systems
- B213 - Grading
- B214 - Tank abandonment / decommission
Related Forms & Brochures
- B006 - Commercial Construction Plan Requirements
- B007 - Retaining Walls
- B011 - Commercial Tenant Improvement Permit Guidelines
- B013 - Road Approach Requirements
- B014 - ADA Compliance: Common Provisions for Small Businesses
- B104 - Address Request Form
- B107 - Revise Approved Set of Plans
- B108 - Expedited Review Process
- B111 - Petition for Road Name
- B112 - Authorization for 3rd Party Review (Geotech)
- B113 - Code Compliance Request
- B115 - Information Received for Permit Under Review
Forms without hyperlinks have not been updated to reflect current codes. For questions regarding specific requirements please contact the Building Division at 206-780-3796.