Stormwater Management Program
This permit requires the (COBI) to develop and implement a Stormwater Management Program (SWMP). COBI also publishes an Annual Report as part of the permit requirements. The current and previous Annual Reports for the previous four years are maintained in the Water Resources Library per permit requirements to maintain records for 5 years (Phase II Permit S9.B.).
- Stormwater Management Program - Current
- Stormwater Management Program Comment Form
- 2016 *
The 2016 Annual Report is required to be updated by March 31, 2017 and be posted no later than May 31 each year.*
Summary of COBI's Phase II Permit Requirements
COBI is a permittee under the Phase II Permit issued by the Department of Ecology (DOE). The Phase II Permit regulates discharges to waters of the state from small municipal separate storm sewer drainage systems (MS4s).
DOE Phase II Permit can be found here.
Program Elements Include the following sections of the Phase II Permit.
- Public Education and Outreach (S5.C.1)
- Public Involvement and Participation (S5.C.2)
- Illicit Discharge Detection and Elimination - See Water Resources Libraries for COBI IDDE Manual (S5.C.3)
- Controlling Runoff from New Development, Redevelopment and Construction Sites (S5.C.4)
- Municipal Operations and Maintenance - See Water Resources Libraries for COBI O&M Plan (S5.C.5)
City residents and businesses play a crucial role in protecting water quality in Puget Sound. COBI's SWMP works to eliminate or reduce to the maximum extent practical the impacts to stormwater and surface water. Below are some helpful links and guidance to show you what you can do to help protect water quality.
Helpful Stormwater Resources for
COBI Citizens and Businesses
Stormwater Permits and Other Important Information
COBI LID Page:
- Phase II Western Washington Municipal Stormwater Permit - Links to http://www.ecy.wa.gov/programs/wq/stormwater/munipal/phaseIIww/wwphIIpermit.html
- Low Impact Design - http://www.ecy.wa.gov/programs/wq/stormwater/municipal/LID/Resources.html
- COBI Stormwater Utility / (pg. 32)
- Construction General Permit – Link to http://www.ecy.wa.gov/programs/wq/stormwater/construction/
- Industrial Permit - Link to http://www.ecy.wa.gov/programs/wq/stormwater/industrial/index.html
- Winery General Permit - Link to http://www.ecy.wa.gov/programs/wq/permits/winery/index.html
To request a copy of any document, please request a copy at the City of Bainbridge Island City Hall, Public Works Engineering and Planning counters located at:
280 Madison Avenue North
Bainbridge Island, WA 98110
* Western Washington Phase II Municipal Stormwater Permit S5.C.2.b pg. 19 - Each permittee shall post on their website their SWMP and the annual report required under S9.A no later than May 31st of each year.