Kitsap Public Facilities District
Board of Directors Position Description
Director, Kitsap Public Facilities District, Bainbridge Island Representative
Serve as member of Board of Directors of the Kitsap Public Facilities District (KPFD), a Washington State municipal corporation, an independent taxing "authority" and a "taxing district" as described in RCW 36.100. As such, KPFD is responsible for building, improving and operating sports, recreation, entertainment and conference facilities in Kitsap County. Board members are appointed to four year, renewable terms by the Kitsap County Board of Commissioners and serve without compensation.
- Govern and provide general oversight of the KPFD, as well as the public facilities projects developed and/or funded by KPFD;
- Hold public meetings on current and proposed public facilities projects;
- Play an integral part in developing ways to pay for the KPFD public facilities projects;
- Provide financial oversight of KPFD funding used for construction, maintenance and operation of public facilities projects;
- Solicit ideas, information and recommendations about the need for community facilities, the types of facilities needed, and the availability of existing facilities;
- Explore and develop opportunities for public and private partnerships and potential sources and mechanisms for funding recommended community facilities;
- Delegate day-to-day operations of the KPFD to the Executive Director; and,
- Annually evaluate work of the Executive Director.
Skills and Qualifications
Candidate must reside in the City of Bainbridge Island. Candidate must be well-versed in the community needs currently existing in Kitsap County. Candidate must be willing to participate in all activities relevant to the role of a Public Facilities District Board Member.
The KPFD Board will meet as frequently as necessary to effectively and efficiently serve its purposes, but the board shall meet at least six times per year. Traditionally, KPFD Board of Directors meets in the evenings, beginning at 5:30 PM for fourth Monday of each month
Visit the Kitsap Public Facilities District website at www.kitsap-pfd.org to read more about the organization. If interested, you may apply on line at http://www.kitsapgov.com/volunteer/frmbrdapp.htm. Please specify that you are applying for the PFD Board. Completed applications will be forwarded to the City of Bainbridge Island for consideration. Deadline: Friday, August 29, 2014.