Civil Legal Resources
Civil Legal and Other Resources
Dispute Resolution and Mediation
Dispute Resolution Center of Kitsap County (DRC): a nonprofit organization, provides mediation, education, and behavioral health ombuds services to help individuals, families and organizations resolve conflict. The DRC services offer people in conflict powerful strategies to open communication and find lasting solutions. See the website www.kitsapdrc.org for more detailed information about services or call for a free screening. Phone: 360.698.0968 or 206.842.3215
General Civil Legal Services
Kitsap Legal Services: For people with income at or below 200% of the federal poverty guidelines. We have volunteer attorneys, paralegals, and others willing to assist you to advocate for yourself after getting the information and confidence you need. Currently you need to go through a screening process to become eligible by calling CLEAR 1-888-201-1014 or filling out the online application at http://nwjustice.org/clear-online (their website indicates they will only call you back for loss of government benefits or housing so you still need to call them for all other issues).
Northwest Justice Project: The statewide civil legal aid organization with the most funding and paid attorneys on the phone and around Washington State. They can provide advice on the phone and direct representation in court. To become eligible by calling CLEAR 1-888-201-1014 or filling out the online application at www.nwjustice.org (their website indicates they will only call you back for loss of government benefits or housing so you still need to call them for all other issues).
Self-Help Publications: You can get many documents to help you with most areas of civil law and court procedures at www.WashingtonLawHelp.org and advocate for yourself. Attorneys write these documents with the goal of people being able to help themselves. There are also instructions on how to fill out court forms.
Kitsap County Aging and Long Term Care: The local county government has a contract for seniors to receive direct legal assistance in many area. They contract with Northwest Justice Project to provide screening through CLEAR and then provide attorneys to help seniors on the phone or in-person within Kitsap County. The Kitsap County contact number is 1-800-562-6418 and website is www.kitsapgov.com/altc/communityservices.htm#legal
Legal Forms and Court Services
- Washington State Courts: FREE forms to download for typing into or printing out: www.Courts.WA.Gov/forms
- Kitsap County Superior Court Facilitator’s Office 360-337-7260, or http://www.kitsapgov.com/clerk/familylaw/facilitat.htm
- Kitsap County Superior Court Clerk’s Office 360-337-7164, or http://www.kitsapgov.com/clerk/
- Kitsap County Superior Court 360-337-7140, or http://www.kitsapgov.com/sc/
Washington Law Help http://www.washintonlawhelp.org
- Disability Rights of Washington – Upholding the legal rights of individuals with disabilities http://www.disabilityrightswa.org/
- YWCA of Kitsap County main line 360-479-0522 DV line 360-479-0491, or http://www.ywcakitsap.org/
- Home Foreclosure Legal Aid, 1-877-894-4663 or 1-800-606-4819
- Housing Solutions Center 360-473-2035, or http://crisisclinicofthepeninsulas.org/hsc/contact-us/
- Northwest Immigrant Rights Project 1-206 957-8600, or www.nwirp.org/
- Kitsap Immigrant Assistance Center 360-440-2376, or www.immigrantassistancecenter.org/
- Peninsulas’ Community Information and Referrals call 211, or http://win211.org/
- Team Child – Advocates for the legal rights of youth – http://www.teamchild.org/