The City of Bainbridge Island is currently accepting applications for one-year subleases in the Open Water Marina to begin on January 1, 2019 and expire on December 31, 2019.
The City of Bainbridge Island operates a residential marina within Eagle Harbor, under the terms of a lease with the Washington State Department of Natural Resources (DNR). The DNR lease allows the City to enter into subleases with a limited number of individual tenants in the Dave Ullin Open Water Marina (DUOWM) for the purpose of supporting a vibrant liveaboard community. A limited number of spaces are currently available for buoy moorage. To apply for a DUOWM sublease with the City, potential tenants must submit the application form available at: http://www.bainbridgewa.gov/DocumentCenter/View/11117.
The application must be completed in its entirety and submitted no later than 4 p.m. on Thursday, November 15, 2018.
Applications can be submitted the following ways:
- Email to Harbormaster Tami Allen at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hand-deliver to Bainbridge Island Police Department (625 Winslow Way E Bainbridge Island, WA 98110)
- Mail to City Hall (280 Madison Ave N Bainbridge Island, WA 98110)
Please also be aware of the following:
- As part of the application process, your signature and date of birth allows the City to conduct a background check. A background check is required for all potential DUOWM tenants.
- Permitted watercraft includes vessels designed for navigation on open waters, which meet USCG requirements and are capable of being used as a means of transportation. Houseboats are not allowed.
- Subleases will begin on January 1, 2019 and rent charges will be due from that date forward. The first month’s rent will be due in advance at the time the sublease is signed. Future payments will be due monthly.
- If there are more eligible applicants for a type of moorage than the DUOWM can accommodate, eligible applicants will remain on a waiting list if additional subleases become available.
- All applicants accepted into the marina must be willing to agree to comply with all requirements of the tenant sublease, including sewage and garbage management requirements. A copy of the current policies and requirements is available at the Harbormaster’s office at the Bainbridge Island Police Department, at the City Hall front desk, and via the Open Water Marina webpage.
For more information on the DUOWM, please contact Harbormaster Tami Allen at 206.780.3733 or email@example.com.