Are you interested in land use, boundaries, and county laws? The Washington State Boundary Review Board for Kitsap County is looking for a volunteer to fill a City-appointed seat in Kitsap County.
The Boundary Review Board reviews proposals (Notice of Intent) for unincorporated areas of Kitsap County to be annexed into local cities and districts (e.g. sewer district, fire protection district, or public utility district engaged in water distribution within Kitsap County).
What a possible board member will need to know:
- The position is a three-year term.
- Meetings are held the second Thursday of every month at 7 p.m., as needed. The board meets in the Kitsap County Commissioners Chamber, located at 619 Division Street in Port Orchard. No annexation requests - no meeting.
- There is an annual conference that members must attend (usually held in the Fall).
- There is a stipend when attending the meeting:
- $55 & paid mileage.
- The cost of the annual Boundary Review Board conference is also covered.
- Candidates should have some sort of familiarity with county laws, an understanding of land use, boundaries, county code and land development.
If you're interested in applying, please send an email to email@example.com.
The candidate will be selected through a voting process by the cities of Bainbridge Island, Bremerton, Port Orchard and Poulsbo.